Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MOMAGU - Magazine of 22 Motor Machine Gun Battery

pjwmacro

MOMAGU was the name of the Battery magazine of 22 Motor Machine Gun Battery, serving in India/North West Frontier from 1916 to late 1919/20. MOMAGU simply means MOtor MAchine GUn. It was edited by Sgt. J.R. Slater and Gunner J.T.M. Gough, although I probably wasn't first produced until late 1917 or early 1918.

The photo below is of a page of The Motor Cycle magazine, from March 28th, 1918, and gives a little more detail. It is, however, the only reference I and some others have ever seen to MOMAGU.  Would love to hear from anyone who has any copies of this magazine, has come across any copies or knows where copies are held/can be found.  I am sure there are copies out there somewhere!

Regards, Paul

MotorCycle_609x656.png.402eacf519921aa462ba1cbac70c5a5e.png

• 2 months later...

Still looking for any copies of MOMAGU - the Battery magazine of 22 Motor Machine Gun Battery, serving in India/North West Frontier from 1916 to late 1919/20.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks, Paul

• 5 months later...

1068 Gunner John Travell Maton Gough - editor of The MOMAGU.  Still looking to locate a copy!

JMT Gough.jpg

• 9 months later...

I reckon the chap in the centre is holding a copy of the Motor Cycle.  Or could it be a copy of MOMAGU?  Has anyone come across a copy???gondal-MGC-concentration-1919.thumb.jpg.5a1cf0d66587b8821dda8ebf4d7bc905.jpg

• 3 years later...

Pleased to report I have now located a copy of the 1st (and only?) edition of MOMAGU amongst my father's papers. I am posting details in my 22nd Battery Machine Gun Corps (Motors) thread - from p36 on. See below.  However, was there only one edition??  I suspect so  (from late 1917) but would be delighted to be proved wrong. Can you locate a late 1918 edition??