Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Memorials to The King's Liverpool Regiment

daggers

I have compiled some notes on a number of memorials to the King’s Liverpool Regiment and some of its battalions, found in the UK and elsewhere.

The material has been offered to the regimental association locally and to the Museum of Liverpool Life but there has been no interest in making a publication from the notes, which include illustrations of most of the memorials.

If any Forum member is interested in seeing a copy, please send me a PM, with your location.

Daggers

Edited by daggers

Is it available electronically Dags? I'm interested either way.

Pete.

Pete

At present it is a Word document of about 30 A4 pages and I suspect it would jam my system if I try to attach it to an email, but I could split it into shorter sections.

I am not into blogs, social media etc. and have no website or the skill to go with them!

Let me have a PM with your email address and I'll give it a go but possibly not tomorrow as I have some commitments.

Daggers

Edited by daggers
extra

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dags, it looks really good. Hope you've recovered from watching the Lions........:whistle:

Pete.

Pete

Thanks. 

It was not good for a fibrillation problem, but a drawn match and series was fair enough.

D

4 hours ago, daggers said:

Hello, Ken

If you send me a pm with your postal address I will copy on to a memory stick.

Daggers

Will do, many thanks

The stick is in the post Dags. Thanks again matey.

Pete.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 19:00, daggers said:

I have compiled some notes on a number of memorials to the King’s Liverpool Regiment and some of its battalions, found in the UK and elsewhere.

Daggers

Are you including memorials to individual members of the Regiment?

If so, do you have the eighty in Ireland, at http://www.irishwarmemorials.ie/Persons?regId=44  and

http://www.irishwarmemorials.ie/Persons?regId=168?

Michael

Edited by Michael Pegum

Michael

Thanks for the link, but I have confined this to regimental or battalion level.  It would be a mammoth task to look for so many individual names here in Liverpool, let alone on a wider scale.

D

Very wise!

Michael

• 1 year later...

I am very interested in the War Memorials to The King's Regiment.  I have for many years been compiling a Regimental List of Officers and of Distinguished Kingsmen 1685 - 2006 which will one day be my legacy to the Regiment.  I would very much welcome the opportunity to see a copy of your research.  Thank you.

Robin

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds as though you have a huge project there!

I think that, if you make another post here, you should be able to send me a personal message after clicking on my user name.  You can then send me an email address and we can work something out.

for Ken Lees and Fattyowls

If you read this and are still interested, I have added another memorial this year, so you need an update.  I’ll be in touch.

daggers

Thanks Dags and welcome Robin; there's always interest in the King's on the forum, so keep us posted.

Pete.

On 19/10/2018 at 10:26, daggers said:

Robin

Welcome to the forum.  It sounds as though you have a huge project there!

I think that, if you make another post here, you should be able to send me a personal message after clicking on my user name.  You can then send me an email address and we can work something out.

for Ken Lees and Fattyowls

If you read this and are still interested, I have added another memorial this year, so you need an update.  I’ll be in touch.

daggers

Thanks Daggers.

Always interested.

Ken