Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kindle deals

paulgranger

Peter Liddle's collection of essays 'Passchendaele in Perspective', and Jonathan Walker's Bullecourt book 'The Blood Tub', both at 99p at the moment.

Thanks Paul.

H.C.

Going free on Gutenberg Books, Lt.-Col R.M.P. Preston's 'The Desert Mounted Corps' Palestine and Syria 1917- 1918.

John

Thanks. There are a number of others for 99 cents on this side of the pond.

H.C.

9 hours ago, JOHN BALL said:

On Amazon kindle today, Anthony Farrar-Hockley's 'Goughie'. A snip at £0-00p.

john

I thaaaank yooouuuuu! 

Got it!

Bernard

Amazon are offering Conan Doyle's 6 volume history of the Great War for the princely sum of nothing at all. That's zero pounds and zero pence.

Paul can you give a link? I can only find Vol 6 for £11,99

Found it now!

Edited by johnboy

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, JOHN BALL said:

"Letters From Flanders" 2nd Lt A.D. Gillespie, Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders. Amazon kindle @ £0.49p.

John  

Letters from Flanders, written by 2nd Lieut. A. D. Gillespie, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, to his home people;

Available for b******r all from archive.org. Most Kindle cheapies are available fro free down load from archive.org.

Got it thanks.

Jack Sheldon's book "The German Army in the Spring Offensive" is $1.99 also.

H.C.

Letters from Flanders, written by 2nd Lieut. A. D. Gillespie, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, to his home people;

Available for b******r all from archive.org. Most Kindle cheapies are available fro free down load from archive.org.

Well, that's good to know.

Thanks,

H.C.

42 minutes ago, hazelclark said:

Well, that's good to know.

Thanks,

H.C.

Always find that most Kindle deals are available for nowt from Archive.  In fact, haven't found one that wasn't

Thank you Hazel and GUEST. How much bl**dy bandwidth do you think I have? 😉😂

Got 'em, thanks...

Bernard

• 1 year later...

Whilst searching for books on the A&SH I just stumbled on Letters from Flanders by A D "Douglas" Gillespie who was killed at Loos with the 2nd Bn A&SH (or the 93rd as he preferred to call them). Checking to see if this book had been mentioned on GWF before I note it has been flagged here. A fascinating read providing a rare insight into the mind of a highly educated young subaltern with a regular battalion in Flanders in 1915. His brother Tom was killed with the KOSB in the Aisne in 1914

As mentioned above, free on Archive.org and a mere 49 pennies on Kindle. 

A beautiful set of letters and highly recommended.

GD

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:18, Gunga Din said:

Whilst searching for books on the A&SH I just stumbled on Letters from Flanders by A D "Douglas" Gillespie who was killed at Loos with the 2nd Bn A&SH (or the 93rd as he preferred to call them). Checking to see if this book had been mentioned on GWF before I note it has been flagged here. A fascinating read providing a rare insight into the mind of a highly educated young subaltern with a regular battalion in Flanders in 1915. His brother Tom was killed with the KOSB in the Aisne in 1914

As mentioned above, free on Archive.org and a mere 49 pennies on Kindle. 

A beautiful set of letters and highly recommended.

GD

A.D Gillespie got a mention on B.B.C news today , in connection with a footpath being formed across the Western Front , which

was an idea he had before his death . His great nephew was with the reporter , he is a presenter on Country File .

• 2 months later...