Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Casualty Evacuation Scheme, Battle of Messines, 7-12 June 1917

jvkpaulsutton

To commemorate the Centenary of the Battle of Messines I have written an article entitled 'Casualty Evacuation Scheme, Battle of Messines, 7-12 June 1917'.

This 33 page article is available for free download at my website: www.pshistory.com

http://www.pshistory.com/articles/casualty-evacuation-scheme-battle-of-messines-7-june-1917/

There are also lots of posts on my Messines100 Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/Messines100/

For those Forum members with an interest in Messines or the medical services/evacuation process please feel free to download.

There are also some other Great Wat related articles on the site as well that might be of interest.

Thanks,

Paul

• Admin

Paul

A fantastic piece of research - very well done. I learnt a great deal.

I've been recently (but very slowly and no where near as advanced as your article) trying to construct the medical evacuation chain from the Nieuport Area in July 1917 trying also to get some similar detail on the numbers of casualties involved, and I can fully appreciate the great efforts you must have gone to poring over all those individual unit war diaries and piecing them together.

Many thanks for sharing.

Regards

Russ

Russ - thanks for your kind words. It was a very interesting experience to say the least. Glad you found it useful.

Please feel free to pass it on to anybody else you feel might be interested. Good luck with your own research.

Regards

Paul

Paul

Thanks for the link. Just managed to download and look forward to reading it. I have another 74 page paper on the same subject by a serving RAMC Officer but sadly only in hard copy.

Pete

Thanks for the link Paul, looking forward to reading it.

kind regards,

jon

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

Just finished reading it. What a magnificent piece of work. I really enjoyed it.

Pete