Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

375 world war one unpublished photos

Ierdna

a collection of 375 original photos taken in the first world war by Andreas Maraski.
K.u.k Infantry Regiment Rupprecht Crown Prince of Bavaria No.: 43. Italian front, Isonzo battle.

If you are interested visit: http://www.worldwaronephotos.com

banniere3.jpg

What a excellent collection of photographs, it is certainly a very important collection and I am sure it will be a help to people who are studying the Italian war to put names to locations.

I am sure to return and take another look as I have some photos that I would like to identify sometime.

john-g

Emperor Karl is in at least on of the pictures. The picture of a woman might be that of the Empress Zita.  The AH official history of WW I is online "Austria-Hungary's Last war 1914-1918" in German and English

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 10:14, Ierdna said:

Can anybody tell me something about this big cannon ? Is this "Die dicke Bertha" ?
The full photo is here: http://www.worldwaronephotos.com/Weapons/WW1_0147.jpg

Not Dicke Bertha, which was the Krupp 42 cm howitzer used by the German army.

Your photo shows a 35 cm naval gun, the gunners appear to be Austrian.

Dear P3zi,

I will join the forum you post. Thank you.

I'm glad that you and other members found these pictures interesting. This is the reason makes me posted this collection in the internet for the entire world after 100 years.

Any information you, or other members, may have about these pictures could help me to complete this collection of my great grandfather.

The 43rd Infantry rgt was part of the 17th Infantry division. From reading Austria-Hungary's last war 1914-1918 most of the men in the unit were Rumanian.

My great grandfather was from Bocsa, Caras-Severin, Romania at that time Boksánbánya,  Hungary.

• 4 weeks later...