Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Colchester Military Heart Hospital Men Quest

heatherannej

Hello All ... I have photograph I would like some opinions on please.  As a result of my Colchester Military Hospital info online, I have been sent an image of a group of the medical staff of the Military Heart Hospital, Colchester, probably taken in January or February 1919.  There has been a lot of dialogue between myself and the American gent who sent it through but we have reached a point where some feedback from yourselves would be much appreciated.  There were some names written on the photograph but there has been research to get to this point.  This is where we are at:

Front row, left to right: Capt. Ross Alexander Jamieson, M.B. (Canadian); unknown British or Dominion officer; Dr. Thomas Lewis (British); "the Colonel" (British) [Lieut. Colonel]; Maj. Thomas Forrest Cotton, M.D., C.M. (Canadian); Capt. Bernard S. Oppenheimer, M.D. (American). 

Back Row, left to right: 1st Lt. Rufus A. Morrison, M.D. (American); 1st Lt. William St. Lawrence, M.D. (American); 1st Lt. Frank N. Wilson, M.D. (American); 1st Lt. Marcus A. Rothschild, M.D. (American); Dr. Ernest Henry Starling (British); 1st Lt. Samuel Albert Levine, M.D. (American); Quartermaster Cooper. 

The identifications of Morison and Cotton are tentative.  Lewis, the only civilian in the group, was the hospital's director.  The Americans were all members of the U.S. Army Reserve.  We have no idea who "the Colonel" is.  We have found a Quartermaster Cooper - an Alfred William Cooper commissioned as a Quartermaster in the 2nd Home Counties Field Ambulance, RAMC on 17 May 1916 and wonder if this is him.   

Any little comment or clue or observation will be very much appreciated.   This will eventually be part of another site containing research about this Heart Hospital.ColchesterMilitaryHeartHospital_01a_GroupPhoto_cut.jpg.15f77e5772b6eedc9f2f07ba2e6d4d42.jpg