Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Charles Breckell King's Liverpool Regiment

I have a bit of a mystery concerning Charles Breckell in my friends ancestry tree

We have him born, Liverpool 1893

He appears on the 1901and 1911 census living in Liverpool working as a painter

Have him serving with the 14th and then 18th King's Liverpool Regiment, service number 019845 he isn't found on any memorials and has received a wound badge B55859 discharged on 5th Oct 1918.

A conflicting account on another tree has him born same year, but serving in the 19th Australian Infantry and being killed in action on 14th Nov 1916, his grave is at Warlencourt Cemetery

Is it possible for Charles to be serving with the AIF

Any help appreciated

Phil

1911 Census Charles Breckell is a Shipping Clerk living at 127 Robson Street, Liverpool, father John A and mother Sarah.

Served King's Liverpool Regiment 14th and 18th Battalions service number 19845 (no zero in front), Sliver War Badge List H/1633/2, info from Medal Index Card and Medal Rolls, no service record on Ancestry.

What makes you think Charles Harold Breckell AIF is the same person.

John

You can see the service record for Charles Harold Breckell on the AIF site ,very readable, I suspect the the Kings Liverpool man is not the correct one you are after, just a guess after looking at the record of the AIF man. Ralph

Edit John just beat me to it, same query as he has posted

Edited by ralphjd

His 31 page Service Record is here. His father is John Adam of the above address. I haven't had time to read it and hope it helps in your quest

Well done Diane, amazing to think that we are both reading the same record albeit many thousand of miles away from each other, isn't the Internet incredible. :thumbsup: Ralph.

Edited by ralphjd

Coincidence in the names in my opinion, from a shipping clerk 1911 to an orange (orchard) grower in Oz in 1915