Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd Battle for Gaza - 100

T8HANTS

Looking at all the visible pieces of the tank, the angle in which she has settled, the length of the shot of track to the rear, and the general appearance of the piece of upper plate work, I would say yes it is a photo of 'Nutty'

Many of the photos of Nutty show it on a slope with the right hand side down. This tank appears to be on more level ground.

29 minutes ago, Gareth Davies said:

Many of the photos of Nutty show it on a slope with the right hand side down. This tank appears to be on more level ground.

This is a rather poor photo of the rear of Nutty, again I think the disposition of the tracks and the blown top plate are very similar to the better picture.

B02000 nutty.jpg

1098183427_AbandonedTank.jpg.b1f30328ca7ce069f53b25dd7790394c.jpg859219418_Nuttycrop.jpg.d93b0a524db4c126f1a76a1f8516a515.jpg

This is a rather poor photo of the rear of Nutty, again I think the disposition of the tracks and the blown top plate are very similar to the better picture.

Agreed - I think that they're a match

Edited by michaeldr

• 2 years later...

Reserve Lt. Falih Rifki (Atay)(writer, novalist, publisher, Journalist) was privat secratery of Cemal Pasha. he wrote his memories in his famous book: Zeytindağı (Ölberg, Olivehill)
Zeytindağı is a place in Jerusalem where there was a German Hospital which became HQ of Cemal Pasha during War. In p.158 he tells about a tank:
"Have you ever seen a dead tank? How sad is the cadaver of things that are produced to kill. One of them is fallen infront of our trenches. It made a barrier with its huge, empty and broken body. During the night our soldiers guarded infront of this tank to prevent a sudden umbush. One night a guard noticed an English soldier aproaching slowly. He waited inside the tank. If he would fire and kill him all the fire of the enemy would be on him. If he would kill him with his bayonet he would lost the 5 gold Turkish Liras awarded for every alive English. So he decided a third possibility to catch him alive. he slowly wore off his socks which he didnt washed since many months and hit strongly on the head of English from behind. Immediately he put the socks in his mouth to stop him shouting. The poor English fainted. After a while as he come to himself he claimed that the Turk used poison which was againts all human behaviour."

FRA.jpg