Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

240598 Oswyn Joseph Peck remembered in Coalville, Leics

Bardess

I believe Oswyn Joseph Peck, who died of his wounds on 16/4/17, is named on the above memorials and I would be extremely happy to receive copies of them please

CWGC.jpg

Leicestershire War Memorials website.jpg

1911 Census.jpg

Hi Diane

Been looking through my magnifying glass at the Christ Church Memorial picture on line, 3rd panel from left ww1, there are only 2 names beginning with P. One is Page C. (Clifford) and the other looks like" Picker..." but partially hidden by flowers. I don't think Oswyn Joseph Peck is on this memorial.....looking

Regards Barrywmp0271_ww1_names_af.jpg

Pickering. John William...I think.

OswynE Joseph Peck, birth registered, 2nd qtr 1896, Kings Norton, 6c,466.

Edited by The Inspector

Hi Barry

Thanks for the pic - he's in the 4th column under 'Soldiers at the Altar' ^_^

Edited by Bardess

Thanks again, Barry. He was actually 2497 as per MIC.

I do hope so

Edited by Bardess

Hi Diane

He was baptised 3.5.1896, birth recorded as OSWYNE Joseph Peck. Kings Norton, 6c,466 2nd qtr. If we don't have any pals on the forum who can assist can I suggest you e-mail...http://www.christchurchcoalville.com

Regards Barry

Edited by The Inspector

On 4/11/2017 at 16:30, Bardess said:

^_^It's lovely to see it. I hope a local can take a pic showing his full name though...

????

Regards Barry

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/04/2017 at 18:11, The Inspector said:

Hi Diane If we don't have any pals on the forum who can assist can I suggest you e-mail...http://www.christchurchcoalville.com

Regards Barry

Hi Barry

I don't know why I didn't see this but it's possibly the only way I might receive a pic. Good to have a back-up

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Diane, I can get you some pictures but not until end of July beginning of August time, if that is of any help to you? Regards, Bob.

Hi Bob. Wonderful! I am happy to wait and it's so good to see his name. Thank you

Hi Diane and Barry, I saw the name Coalville and then Smethwick, both made me smile as I  they are both my old stomping grounds :-) Best wishes, Bob.

• 2 months later...

Thank you @Vikingladyaine Please pass on my very grateful thanks to Bob [and hope he will visit the church for me too] and welcome to the Forum

Edited by Bardess

We went to the church as well but unfortunately it was locked. We did try knocking the rectory but there was no one in. Not sure when we will be back in the area again. Perhaps if you dropped the minister an email he would be able to take a photo for you and email it on to you.

general@christchurchcoalville.com

In case you hadn't seen the church, this is their website gallery

I will certainly be in touch with the minister and thanks for the email addy. Sorry that the church was locked when you went, it would have been lovely to have all the photos. I will add it to this thread once received.

Thanks again for helping Bob in posting the above. Very much appreciated