Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

why should a soldier be removed ?

j.r.f

as part of my research i looked for a soldier in bath[twerton]cemetery.on 06/03/2000 he was there but today he has gone.please can anyone tell me why?

Could you please explain what you mean. Are your looking in the actual cemetery or in the CWGC on-line Roll of Honour?

Bath (Twerton) Cemetery has eight WW1 casualties buried there. These appear in the 1930 CWGC register and still appear on their on-line database. Their names are Dench, Fry, Ham, Lane, Osborne, Parsons, Webber and Williams.

Which one interests you?

i am interested in fry .yesi have him in the somerset book,cwgc 1930,.igote him on the cwgc web on 6/march 2000 but i cannot get him on the cwgc net now ?i hope this clarifies my question slightly.

spelling and typing will get better as i use this thing.

j.r.f

terry i have just tried again .still no fry.i started by typing in the name and two initials .reply comes back "no entry try again".ithe try withone initial .same reply.i then add just the surname and 10 pages come up.he should be on the last page but he is not.i have done this twice now with the same result.is it me or the system?

Sorry JRF

You will find W.H.Fry (Gloucestershire Regt) on the current CWGC site. I have just done it first time.

Put in name FRY with initials W H and war as First World War. He is there.

Do not put any full stops after each initial - just a space. You get ten names and his is number eight

TERRY THANKS. I WILL TRY AGAIN NOW.

HI IHAVE JUST TRIED AGAIN AND IT DOES WORK.IT WAS MY FAULT I PUT FULLSTOPES AFTER EACH INITIAL AND THE PROGRAMME DOES LIKE THIS SO SORRY.THANKYOU VERY MUCH