Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Joshua Boswell

KerrieJo

That ties in with the man we have records for - 6 children, 1 born during the war (post #12)

Craig

It does look that way Craig. It all makes sense with "Elizabeth Taylor" now.

MATLOCK MAINTENANCE CASE, HUSBAND COMMITTED TO GAOL. The adjourned case in which Joshua Boswell was summoned by his wife, Emma Boswell, of Starkholmes, Matlock, for arrears in respect of a maintenance order, again
29 October 1920 - Belper News - Belper, Derbyshire

Kerrie, this is from the British Newspaper Archive which can be accessed on Find My Past.

Kath.

Hi Kerrie and all

Leslie G L Boswell, birth reg'd 1st qtr 1925, ,Nottingham.7b, 659, Mother Taylor., Death of a Leslie George Boswell, born 2.12.1924, reg'd Nottingham Dec 1969 aged 45 yrs, 3c, 850.....looking

Regards Barry

He died 24.12.1969 and was cremated on 6.1.1970 at Nottingham

Clarice Maltby, wife died Sept, 1987, b.30.10.1924, 8,1038. Married Leslie G L Boswell 1944,7b,847. Buried 17.9.1987,Nottingham

Edited by The Inspector

Yeah that's the correct person, thanks The Inspector :)

Thanks again Kath, I've seen Christine on a few ancestry sites, I may contact her at some point.

Yeah, little bits of the info is wrong on that page but yeah majority of it does seem to fit in with my Grandad's.

Now all I need to do is find out who my Grandma's parent's were lol.

Thanks to everyone that helped :)

• 3 years later...

Clarice Maltby was my grandmother and she had 

Barry Maltby

Roy Boswell

Leonard Boswell

Rita Boswell

Robert Boswell

Lizzy Boswell

Josephine Boswell

regards

I totally forgot I had posted on here... total goldfish brain here. It's a good job I had notifications turned on for @'s. I took a break from research for a bit.

So I found out that my Great Grandad Joshua was married twice, first to Emma Smith, then to my Grandad's Mum, Elizabeth Taylor, I also found out not all of the children from Emma were Joshua's. Joshua also received medals, it's been really interesting.

@Capricorn68 My Mum is Carol. Thanks for the info :) I do know about the people you've named though because Mum's told me about them :) If you can give me some info about Leslie and Clarice and any other members of the Boswell family (older members), I would be really grateful. Do you know if Leslie and Grandad had another sibling? When I check the census Grandad's (Thomas (Tom) Boswell) name and one other person's record has been closed on it.

Does anyone have any idea how I can find information on my Uncle, his name was Colin Boswell, he was in the army, and was in Salisbury, Wiltshire at the time of his death in around 1966, he was only 21, from what I've been told it was some sort of car accident (he was knocked over), but I don't know, plus he was either buried or cremated in Salisbury, I have tried searching but I seem to be drawing blanks.

Edited by KerrieJo