Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RMF Attestation

kieranh

I wonder if anybody can help me read this entry for Jeremiah Galvin, I am having difficulty reading the writing and don't understand why he has so many service numbers etc

not sure what it all means. I do know he was captured at the battle of Etreux and spent the war as a POW in Limburg however I cannot find his medal cards online.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Best wishes.......Kieran Healy

J.Galvin Enlistment RMF.jpg

Kieran,

you might try various spellings of his last name. Common errors can result in cards being filed under a name badly misspelled. Or might have his initials & not first name. Could be under CALVIN, GAVIN, any variation of same. Good luck.

There's a medal card for 9964, Jeremy Galvin, Inniskilling Fusiliers, who went abroad 13/8/1914. Card notes POW.

I can't read the document posted above very well but I can see 9964.

Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen, I still don't understand the attached section. It does not mention he was a POW and I find the discharge dates confusing and why

he would re enlist in the 1st Warwicks which I cannot find any info on . Any help much appreciated or suggestions for a professional researcher.Galvin.JPG

Best to all, Kieran in rainy California