Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kings Liverpool regiment

barkalotloudly

Just managed to purchase this small unit history never seen it before they became the 15th battalion Loyal North Regiment [PIONEERS 14TH LIGHT DIVISION} unfortunately no roll of honour but a good record August 1914-March 1919 [printed 1920}

Presumably this is the 1920 publication?

My grandfather, Thomas Nulty, served with 11 KLR. I have transcribed the diary (adding in CWGC casualty details) and this link will take you to it.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j66sp2s4flth98o/11 KLR Diary Ver 2.pdf?dl=0

What are the title and author of this 11/KLR unit history?

Andy is always interested in anything 14th (Light) Division related.

tha`ts the one!!!! never seen offered for sale before therefore well pleased!

Many thanks - I'll draw this to Andy's attention.

Mark

Well done, never seen a copy of this although had heard there was one.

Andy

thanks it has got to be a very cheap/very scarce /very collectable  book these days  to tempt me to spend, as i look for mainly photographs/albums/ trench maps and anything to do with the eastern region although recently i have purchased 2/3 scarce items book wise  

• 1 month later...
On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 02:42, barkalotloudly said:

Just managed to purchase this small unit history never seen it before they became the 15th battalion Loyal North Regiment [PIONEERS 14TH LIGHT DIVISION} unfortunately no roll of honour but a good record August 1914-March 1919 [printed 1920}

Hiya

I've been looking for this of and on for years!

Very rare book - the only other copy I know about is in the IWM Library, Lambeth.

My Great Uncle Fred is the 1st name on the casualty list for March 23rd 1918 in Stephens transcript, Fred was one of the riflemen transferred from 2/5 KLR in February and we believe he died that day in the counter attack at Flavy.

Does your copy have any maps in it that cover that period of the March offensive?

I seem to remember the one in the IWM did but they wouldn't copy or allow me to photograph them.

I'd be very interested in receiving scans if you're up for it.

I reckon the Loyal Lancashires Museum in Fulwood Preston  might be interested in the book too as they don't have a copy.

Cheers

Peter

yes there are a couple of small maps etc and a map showing the movements of this battalion it would seem they moved from the far north {Ypres] to St Quinton during this period {1918} there is a small map showing there positions in April 1918 in this area.Incidentally i do have some german trench maps of the sector for 1918 one of which very interestingly shows the limit of balloon observation.      

18 hours ago, Pete Smith said:

Hiya

I've been looking for this of and on for years!

Very rare book - the only other copy I know about is in the IWM Library, Lambeth.

My Great Uncle Fred is the 1st name on the casualty list for March 23rd 1918 in Stephens transcript, Fred was one of the riflemen transferred from 2/5 KLR in February and we believe he died that day in the counter attack at Flavy.

Does your copy have any maps in it that cover that period of the March offensive?

I seem to remember the one in the IWM did but they wouldn't copy or allow me to photograph them.

I'd be very interested in receiving scans if you're up for it.

I reckon the Loyal Lancashires Museum in Fulwood Preston  might be interested in the book too as they don't have a copy.

Cheers

Peter

I did a book search for this recently too.

The only definite UK copy I located was the one in the IWM you already mentioned.

There is a copy in the NYPL but it has not been digitised and New York is not terribly convenient for Commonwealth based Pals!

No copy in the Bod, nor in the BL.

Liverpool Library have a good local studies reference section and archive.  It has a strong KLR shelf.  No hits on their site, but the catalogue is not completely on line, so I cannot be 100% sure they don't have it.  It will some time before I can get there in person to check properly.

Mark