Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Albert Henry James Price - Possible non-commemoration?

CBooth

I've recently been notified about ex-Gunner Albert Henry James Price 107614, who died 5 July 1919 in Southmead Hospital, Bristol, and who is buried in grave FFF 252 in Arnos Vale cemetery in the same city. He enlisted in the Royal Garrison Artillery in December 1915, was wounded (shell wounds to face, abdomen and legs) at Ypres 25 September 1917, and was granted a medical discharge (100% incapacity) in January 1918.  The SWB and pension records are on Ancestry/Find my Past.  I cannot trace a CWGC record. I have not yet had an opportunity to visit the grave site to inspect any family memorial.

Is it likely that this is a non-commemoration?

The case was originally discovered by Lynne Pyke, a volunteer researcher for the Arnos Vale Cemetery Trust, who has asked me to raise the case with In From The Cold.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Charles

As he had been discharged you'd need to know the reason for his death and how that related to his army service in order to see if he qualified for the CWGC.

Craig

37 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

As he had been discharged you'd need to know the reason for his death and how that related to his army service in order to see if he qualified for the CWGC.

Craig

I agree with Craig, you should order a copy of his death certificate: http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp.

Mark

Charles

You'll need the death certificate and the cause of death will need to be directly linked to his cause of discharge (effectively making him a "died of wounds"). Assuming it does, In From the Cold will be happy to submit the case on your behalf and we'll refund you the cost of getting the certificate.

John