Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

14 Coy RAMC Dublin (Irish Command) 1915 & 1916

HolymoleyRE

Hello everyone,

I am waiting on a response from the RAMC Museum, but any information on this RAMC Company would be greatly received, as the doesn't seem to be much written, in particular their time in late 1915 and 1916.

Cheers

Andy

• 4 years later...

@HolymoleyRE will alert him

3 hours ago, reluctantuncle said:

Hi Andy, 

Would be interested to know if you found anything. Attaching part of my gg grandfather's service records, he was in 14th Co RAMC.

Andrew

GBM_WO363-4_007272932_01165.jpg

GBM_WO363-4_007272932_01166.jpg

Hi Andrew, I will take a look at my notes, but not a great deal from memory, other where the barracks and Hospital they supported, they were present during the Easter uprising, which GGGF missed by the looks 

Regards 

Andy 

On 16/09/2021 at 20:36, reluctantuncle said:

Thanks Andy, even the Barracks or Hospital would be great.

Andrew

From what I can gather 14th Coy provided personnel to the Military Hospitals in Dublin, including The King George the 5th Hospital and the Portobello Military Hospital, within Portobello Barracks (now Cathal Brugha Barracks).  The chap I was researching also served in RAMC sub-units at Crankill Barracks, Birr and Dundalk Barracks, Dundalk

Andy

I had an operation in Bricin's and the brother was an army medic in there too.

Companies RAMC were all UK-based, or based in the Colonies, in 1914. 14 Company at Dublin provided the personnel for 13, 14 and 15 Field Ambulances of 5th Division, part of the original BEF in August 1914.

Ron

Edited by Ron Clifton

Good to know. Attaching the only photo I have of William Ennis (102121) during his service. This is from a distant relation and isn't a great scan of a now lost original. Seems to come from a group photo but I haven't been able to find any duplicates online.

Best,

Andrew

William P Ennis copy2.jpg