Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

In praise of Linesman

Beselare

Last week I encountered a problem when trying to migrate licences for Memory Map from a very old laptop with Windows XP to a new laptop loaded with Windows 10.  Having failed in my attempts I got in touch with Jerry at Linesman.  He couldn't have been more helpful.  He needed the patience of Job as my IT skills are of the minimum variety.  I asked my son to get involved (he is an airline captain so very much switched on to IT) and Jerry continued to deal amicably and professionally with the two of us and the problem is now resolved.

If anyone is thinking about buying Linesman but unsure about the technical support they might receive, my advice is 'rest easy'.

Bob

Several years ago I had huge problems getting Linesman to work on my handheld Memory Map device. I contacted the chaps at Great War Digital who passed me on to Jason at Memory Map. We spoke on the phone, and he was able to e-mail me links to download new software which sorted things out.

Both GWD and MM were incredibly helpful, and if you are having problems with Linesman I would recommend e-mailing them or phoning them up for a chat.

[In particular, if you are still struggling with an early Memory Map ADV3500 device (which seems to me to have gone on the market before the software worked properly), they may be able to e-mail you a link to some software which improves things.]

William

Edited by WilliamRev