Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HELP?? 2nd LT JAMES PEEL DSO MEDALS???

Guest andrew mccarthy

Guest andrew mccarthy

hello to all as you can see i am new to the forum so i have no idea if i am doing this right or not,my sister and i have been looking for our grandads medals my sister more so than me,trying to work out what happened to them as no one seems to really no and family members have now past away or are in nursing homes,i am 60+years and my sister is just bit older,she has been doing a fair bit of research on grandad and i did not know that he had them or that he was such a brave soldier,my sister would like to possibly see the medals or get photos as neither of us have ever seen them,we found some reference to this site on the internet from 2010 from "churcher" under "old sweats" my grandad was JAMES PEEL 2nd LT 2nd BATTALION ROYAL FUSILIERS SERVICE No144016 NAT REG NoAGA843469,we really hope someone out there has them and found out about our grandad,many thanks to everyone out there.....Andy

Hi Andy, yes I can help ! Please drop me a line via ghchurcher@hotmail.com and I can put together some information for you. Geoffrey

• 2 years later...
On 01/02/2017 at 12:27, andrew mccarthy said:

hello to all as you can see i am new to the forum so i have no idea if i am doing this right or not,my sister and i have been looking for our grandads medals my sister more so than me,trying to work out what happened to them as no one seems to really no and family members have now past away or are in nursing homes,i am 60+years and my sister is just bit older,she has been doing a fair bit of research on grandad and i did not know that he had them or that he was such a brave soldier,my sister would like to possibly see the medals or get photos as neither of us have ever seen them,we found some reference to this site on the internet from 2010 from "churcher" under "old sweats" my grandad was JAMES PEEL 2nd LT 2nd BATTALION ROYAL FUSILIERS SERVICE No144016 NAT REG NoAGA843469,we really hope someone out there has them and found out about our grandad,many thanks to everyone out there.....Andy

My grandmother was James Peels sister (never Jim) she kept lots of information on him. She was immensely proud of him.

Best regards 

Phil Fryer

• Admin

Welcome to the forum Phil

Feel free to use the private  message system to contact the other posters. Click on their name and select message.

Regards

David