Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Last of the IAROs

Kimberley John Lindsay

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:08, pjwmacro said:

Sorry Matthew, but no.

MacMunn lists him in Appendix as attached to 3rd Bn from 13/2/1920 - and states now with 2nd/15th Punjab Regt.

No mention of him in the text covering operations in Waziristan in 1920, given he was "Depot Quarter Master & Accounts Officer 1 May 1920 – 22 June 1920" - are you sure he deployed to Waziristan - the depot was Mardan, so he may have been held there.

MacMunn includes  a photo of the Officers of the Corps in 1922 - but Fitzpatrick not listed in the caption.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay - I had missed your post. Thanks for taking a look for me.

I have subsequently confirmed that he served in Waziristan from 24th May - 24th August 1920 - a short period but enough to qualify.

Regards,

Matthew

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has any information or sources on Harold Austen Foweraker (my great-grandfather) who is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks,

Jonathan

I see from the pages from the  April 1923 India Army List he was attached to the Iraq Levies. For background information see the FIBIS Fibiwiki page Mesopotamia Campaign, sections External links and Historical books online, whether there is an online thesis, and an online history (a book)

https://wiki.fibis.org/w/Mesopotamia_Campaign

For records, read the FIBIS Fibiwiki page Indian Army

https://wiki.fibis.org/w/Indian_Army

For online records, you will probably be looking mainly at the online Indian Army Lists.

Cheers

Maureen

Dear All,

Happily, I have been beamed a post-Great War scan of recently-widowed William Percival Platt, MBE (Mil): erstwhile Third Afghan Military Accounts Department stalwart.

Kindest regards,

Kim.1532381692_1930PlattWilliamPercival3.jpg.9c04673af96cad047c3227a03f325462.jpg1704767530_Apr1921IndianArmyList.jpg.ea07304fe684764b16ccd5b7284cdb95.jpg