Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1photos.com

bif

Does anyone know how to properly use/access this site ?  I can't seem to get it to open for me.  I'm interested in obtaining a photo of R. Robertson of the 8th.  Any help is appreciated.   Bif

Dai,   thanks for the link.  Must be something on this side as link won't open either ???

Dai,   On recommendation of one of the Mods at my local Modern and Friendly Library, I changed from explore to Firefox.  The link opened right up and I have my photo.  We old dogs can and do learn new tricks.  Thanks again,  Bif

Ask Bill G and Elon M ???

Internet explorer is not being updated and is incompatible with lots of things now

Even Microsoft is not fully supporting it - as they are now pushing Microsoft Edge as their browser (designed to work with Win 10 etc etc)

In my day job I have been dealing with this for a couple of years as IE grew increasingly less compatible with the college systems. Firefox and Chrome effectively displaced it for PC users of our class management systems (and Safari for Mac users) as IE became less and less reliable.

I have yet to venture into the world of "MS Edge" so I cannot speak to that but I am sure I will soon have to work with it

Chris

BTW it works on chrome too - just checked

Edited by 4thGordons
add comment

4G,    Thanks for the back info.  Have been trying to change any browser(s) I use to FF.  This is prob why I've had trouble opening some links PALs provide ???

19 hours ago, bif said:

Ask Bill G and Elon M ???

Yes I will.

I will summon them to my chambers after tomorrow's  local Illuminati branch meeting.

Once Bill reaches the one trillion mark, ( first/only individual ever to do so), ask him if he'll contribute to my GO Fund Me acct ???