Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hitlers gongs.

Guest redrum

I would like to think that Hitler's medals are now part of some rusting old "Trabi" in some farmer's barn and accommodation to chickens in former East Germany.

But aren't Trabants made from compressed cardboard or some other equally bizarre non-ferous material?

But aren't Trabants made from compressed cardboard or some other equally bizarre non-ferous material?

Maybe, but don't take me literally. A rusting Renault Dophine will do as well - and they certainly did rust.

They certainly are made of something like cardboard. When working over there in 1989, when the wall came down, a mate bought one for a laugh just to see how it was to run one. Not too reliable, one morning the thing would not start, so Basil Fawlty style :D , he kicked the wing. His foot went straight through.

On closer inspection, it looked like cereal box material, though thicker, with a layer of what smelled like polyester resin, thin paint and a basic catalyst to harden it all off. Hardly the car to have an argument with a Volvo in. I think it would have disintergrated if it hit anything more sturdy than a cyclist. I would hate to think what would happen to a person in a proper accident :blink:

Lee