Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

copy of papers,

armourersergeant

On this attatched document can anybody with the knowledge of what they might be looking for or just better reading skills than me ,tell me what he was discharged with?

Ta

Arm

post-1-1053287884.jpg

Arm

The first word has that distinct look of 'verruca', but I think he would have been lucky to be considered 30% disabled with that :lol: But the second word would seem to be 'calculi' [stones], and if that's the case then the most likely word to be associated with it would be 'vesical' - stones in the bladder. Perhaps the doc had bad writing, or someone has a better idea.

Regards - Sue

Stones in bladder would fit with another form that states this in 'english' term, so you must be right

thanks

oh would this be a purely medical illness not one created by the war or could it be due to conditions and diet etc?

ta

Arm.

This probably comes into the category of 'just one of those things'. There are factors that can predispose, but often it's because the body doesn't deal properly with minerals and salts. A hundred people could live in the same conditions and most would be OK. They can take a long time to form [think of stalactites!] and could have been present even before Army service.

Regards - Sue

p.s. Now I just wonder if they could be hereditary.......... :o

Arm,

if you look through his papers you might find a reference to 'in and by' or similar in the context of his complaint. This is the Army's judgement of whether his condition is the result of something contracted in the service or whether it was pre-existing, and whether it was caused or exacerbated by his service.

That is actually a rather imprecise definition - I'm sure someone else can do better, but I hope it gives you the general idea.

Jock

Can not see that Jock but there is a section that says attributable aggrevated or non-attributable, he is marked aggrevated.

What does this mean?

Ta

Arm.