Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Netley Naval Ambulance Coaches - colour info needed

CommanderChuff

Dear WW1 Forumers, 

This is my new model of a set of scratch built railway ambulance coaches dating from the Boer War, the set was later used in WW1 and WW2, and for this model I am building for WW1 as I quite like the colour scheme.  The next set will be for WW2.

The latest efforts on the Netley ambulance coaches are building and stocking up on the interior fittings, the toilets and cupboards are built, seats, beds and blankets made, some figures are being prepared. 

A question - the colour of sheets and blankets in 1914?  

In my navy days in the 70's I have a recollection that the navy issue kit was blue/white patterned blankets and white sheets.  I am favouring for 1914-1918 war grey-white sheets with thin blue stripes, grey-blue blankets with red stripes. 

Please let me known what you think,  and ...

A Very Happy Year to everybody on the forum.

Model ATNetley paint1 Jun2016 TN.jpg

Model ATNetley interiorbeds1 Dec2016 TN.jpg

Model ATNetley interiorbeds2 Dec2016 TN.jpg

Model ATNetley interiorbeds3 Dec2016 TN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is RNAS Sick Bay Dundee 1941 by Eric Ravilious, and I wouldn't be very surprised to find that there wasn't much change: https://www.wikiart.org/en/eric-ravilious/rnas-sick-bay-dundee-1941-1

On the other hand, during the Great War Netley was an Army hospital not a Naval one (RNH Haslar being about 20 miles away).

sJ