Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1st Northumberland fusiliers mons pow help needed pls

arantxa

Hi

i recently got Sind medals yo 138 Arthur George Robertson Northumberland fusiliers I'm trying to find out when he would have been taken pow I think it was before Xmas but that's all I know  can any one help I tried ancestry but to no avail thanks

138 Northumberland Fusiliers was L/Cpl/ Arthur G. ROBINSON not Robertson. The I.R.C. p.o.w. records show that he was captured at Ypres on 7 November 1914. He was repatriated from Germany in November 1918, landing in England on 18 November 1918 on S.S."Arbroath".

Thank you so much

very kind of you enjoy the rest of Christmas

This is a link to the Red Cross website: Red Cross

Coincidentally, my grandfather was repatriated on the Arbroath on 18 November; he had been interned in Holland since the January of that year, however, having been a POW since Le Cateau in  August 1914. He was also a one-stripe NCO (a 2nd Corporal, RE) - I wonder if L/Cpl Robinson had had a similar experience, if he'd been in captivity since 1914? The Red Cross records should show, I guess.

Cheers, Pat

16 hours ago, HarryBrook said:

138 Northumberland Fusiliers was L/Cpl/ Arthur G. ROBINSON not Robertson. The I.R.C. p.o.w. records show that he was captured at Ypres on 7 November 1914. He was repatriated from Germany in November 1918, landing in England on 18 November 1918 on S.S."Arbroath".

Have an address as 4 North Avenue, Leterworth, Hampshire, but this place doesn't seem to exist.