Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CPT K.T. Blamey Lancashire Fusiliers

Guest marbot

Hello all,

i bought lately a named object, a swagger/walking stick with silver handle inscripted: PRESENTED TO CPT. K.T. BLAMEY BY THE N.C.O.s &MEN OF DEPOT Co 8th L.F. i quess it's the Lancashire Fusiliers, but i don't know were to track the info about the officer. If any of you guys can help me it would be great! I think the stick is coming from the first WW...

Marc

Hi Marc,

Don't have much information although I can inform you that Capt K.T. BLAMEY, 8th Battalion Lancashire Fusiliers was awarded the MC [3.6.18] and BAR to MC [16.9.18]

Ian.

Marc

Kendall T Blamey, son of John and Mary Blamey, of “Trelawny”, Park Road, Hale, Cheshire. Born 2nd quarter 1891, (Vol 8a, Page 201).

Assume from his age that it's from the First World War and the absence of information on CWGC suggests that he survived.

Steve

He was OC of C Coy and wounded at Gillemont Farm 20/11/17. Gained the bar to his MC in the Defence of Givenchy 9/4/18 and was in temporary command of the 2/5 Bn during 1918.

Capt K.T. BLAMEY, 8th Battalion Lancashire Fusiliers was awarded the MC [3.6.18] and BAR to MC [16.9.18]

Hello all again, since iam more in the Napoleonic Wars can someone explain what means MC and BAR, OC of C COY, does any of you have an idea when he died?

Thank you all!

Marc

'MC'= Military Cross, 'Bar' means he was awarded it twice, 'OC' means that he was the Officer Commanding 'C' Company of the 8th Battalion Lancashire Fusiliers. The main part of this site has good explanations of most of this rather confusing British Army terminology.