Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diary : 12th Cheshires 1916/18

BillyH

I am after the war diary for 12th Cheshires (WO 95/4854), they were in Salonika, and I know that it hasn't been digitised yet.

Presumably that is why I can't find it on Ancestry?  -  or if anyone is able to find it there can they give me a link to it please?

Or if any member has a copy could they please offer me extracts for April 1917 and September 1918.

Thanks for any help.

BillyH.

John,

I should have checked your website, I have found it very useful many times in the past.

I actually wanted the 19th September, but after reading your account my man may well have been wounded on the 18th anyway. Just what I wanted thanks.

I would still like April 1917 if anyone can help please.

BillyH.

No diary, Billy, but I have the regimental History at home and can check this evening

1 hour ago, BillyH said:

I actually wanted the 19th September, but after reading your account my man may well have been wounded on the 18th anyway. Just what I wanted thanks.

You're welcome, mate

As you'll have read, there are quite a few men recorded as KIA on the 19th but my notes indicate that this wasnt supported by the war diary, which is why I concluded that those later deaths are probably "clerical error" in date and they were actually also killed the previous day.

John