Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

George Frederick Percy Scott

Guest neil k

I am trying to find details of my great uncle George Frederick Percy Scott who was a 2nd Lt in the 3rd Royal Dublin Fusiliers.  within the family we were told he was killed at Hill 60 but have been unable to confirm that.  He was born on 15th June 188.  He lived at Eisleben House, Stranmillis Road in Belfast.  He attended Mill Hill school in London and is listed on the school Roll of Honour as having served.  After that the trail goes cold.  Any assistance on how and where I might find out what really happened to him will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.atwar.millhill.org.uk/Search_Result_View.php?recID=899 

Welcome to the Forum !

Having difficulty finding anything on the details you provide.Do you have a date of death ? Hill 60 was in progress from 17.4 to7.5.1915. I found nothing on War Graves (CWGC) Soldiers Died in the Great War (SDGW) Officer service files at the National Archives, or Medal Index Cards. You could read through the War Diary for the period of the Battle, it is available on free download on Ancestry UK (membership or free trial required). Officers names are usually mentioned if anything happened to them.

Edited by sotonmate

3rd Battalion RDF was a Reserve Battalion which remained at Home for the duration of the war. It is possible that your man was posted to a war unit but it comes back to there not being a Medal Index Card for the name or initials as an Officer.