Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Carl Cacchione RGA

wolves_cacchione

Carl Cacchione / Caschione (and Cacchiono on freebmd in 1896) 

I'm looking for what he was doing and where. I've found his medal roll and service documents (served in France)

BozmEoj.jpg

NbMr09P.jpg

GFQ1JWt.jpg

yzzF2HK.jpg

yz9ekUX.png

Hi Carl,

287 Siege Battery RGA. was a 6'' Howitzer Battery in 1918 it was in 22 Heavy Brigade RGA. which was in 3rd Army. Whether it was in that Brigade during 1917 is probably unlikely. The diaries of these Brigades and Heavy Groups are now available to download from the National Archive. I have no doubt that one of the many very helpful forum members will provide details of Brigade/Group during 1917, no doubt part of 3rd Ypres. I also noted that for a time 287 Siege was transferred to 84 Brigade during 1918. In June 1918 the Brigade was at Ransart, just south of Arras, Brigade HQ. at La GauchieTony P

Carl misread his record, not 84 Brigade RGA. but 84 Brigade RFA. Field Artillery unit.

Tony P

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/16bde7c091304fa08ae8eb29bc35d71e

Is this one of the documents I'm looking for?

Army Troops. 22 Brigade Royal Garrison Artillery June 1915-Mar 1919. 182 Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery May 1917. 265 Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery May 1917. 287 Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery May 1917

Yes - I'm sure that's the right one for now.

I think this would be another document: 

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/22cf9fd930064b75a1d8efe0ef2eb308

Army Troops. 84 Army Field Artillery Brigade

Hi Carl,

Yes you seem to be doing ok!

Tony P