Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Remembrance Day at Gaza

michaeldr

For all sorts of reasons, some cemeteries are a lot harder to get to than others

But the CWGC staff remain dedicated to their jobs, as are Britain's diplomatic and military representatives.

I am not usually on Twitter, but am nevertheless very pleased to see Mr. Jeffrey Mish's photographs from Gaza today

https://twitter.com/Eaustralis2/media

Thanks for posting this Michael, I enjoyed looking through the whole feed.

BillyH.

I would like to echo your comments. Not only to thank the staff for the work that they do in maintaining the cemeteries, but also for taking the time to help forum members like me. As you say, it is not easy to visit these cemeteries, and I never thought I would get a photograph; but thanks to a request via another forum pal, I now have a photograph of the headstone of Corporal William Armstrong of the Machine Gun Corps, who is buried in Gaza War Cemetery, and commemorated on the Perth Academy War Memorial. And the photograph was sent via twitter as well! The person concerned is one of the gardening staff at Gaza War Cemetery, but I am not sure if it is appropriate to mention him by name on the forum. Perhaps someone will advise me of the correct protocol. I have asked the forum pal concerned to pass on my personal thanks, but it would be nice to acknowledge him publicly.

Dave

If you mean Ibrahim, I am going to mention him. He and the rest of the team do a great job. I am looking forward to seeing him in a couple of weeks time.