Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cross And Cockade Forum

nils d

Can anyone tell me whats happened to the C&C forum which hasn't been active for over a month now. Last entry there said they were updated the website.

Hit a glitch gentlemen?

4 hours ago, nils d said:

Can anyone tell me whats happened to the C&C forum which hasn't been active for over a month now. Last entry there said they were updated the website.

Hit a glitch gentlemen?

Hi

I don't quite understand this.  It has been up and running for a while now, after its revamp, the last entry on the Forum is dated 4.11.2016 at 1136 on the Lafayette Escadrille.

Mike

I don't know if this is significant, but a week or so ago I found that I could no longer  access the C&C forum from my favourites list, as always. I had to find it on Google. Because one can't add a page on Google to one's favourites, it has to be bookmarked, not nearly  and  quick as accessing from a favourites list. Does anyone have the solution to this.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments gents.

lt seems l was searching on a search engine the wasn't up to date, but when l tried this "Google" one you mentioned it did the trick.

This Google is quite the up and coming thing!

C &C have a very nice 2017 calendar  £10

Over the last few days I was considering posting on the C&C site to say  how disappointing it was that so few people posted as nothing new had been on since September. I've found the new site, but it's still possible to be directed to the old one. I've just tried to sign in on the new one, but as always after a time of not posting, it refuses to recognise my password. Also, I find that having to periodically sign in again on this site very annoying. No other site I regularly use requires this. Another annoyance at having to go through Google is that one can't put the site on one's favourites bar, only bookmark it, which is not so convenient as having it in favourites. I find this with other sites. Does anyone know how to  correct this when having to go though Google.  

Hi All

I look after "things internet" for Cross & Cockade International, and am also Membership Sec.

Thanks to Maureen for pointing folk in the right direction. We re-vamped our Forum 30-Sep-2016 primarily to fix two problems, as perceived by regular users.

First was the trouble people were having uploading photos. I got regular complaints about uploading photos to the old system, and so far none from the new one. This either means that it's easy, or no-one's tried after the re-launch :-)

Second was the separate login required to access the Forum, as opposed to the rest of the site. Now you just need to log in just once, here:

http://www.crossandcockade.com/customer/login.asp

... to get access to the whole site, including the Forum.

To answer Alex's query, the old Forum is still available as a reference - read only. It's not possible to log in to it, or post new pessages. All new posts should be to the new Forum, for which (as Maureen says) the link is:

http://www.crossandcockade.com/cciforum/

There's been quite a few posts since we went live on the new system, but none from Alex :-) Hopefully that will now change.

If anyone has a problem with the CCI Forum, or suggestions on how we can improve it, please email me at webmaster@crossandcockade.com.

Cheers!

Andy

Hello Andy,

I logged on to the new site this morning and posted a reply to the question re. McCudden's high compression engine. I saw it come up. I also put the new site into my favourites bar. When I tried to access from my favourites bar a few minutes ago, it wouldn't take me to the forum.  I then went  to the Google bookmark and accessed the forum  from there. But my reply of the morning is no longer there. I've found in the past, with similar things, that Google can be very annoying in some aspects.

Hi Alex

Looks to me like you haven't pushed the button to publish your response. It's saved as a draft, in which state folk can add photos (if they wish) and polish their verbiage.

If you go back to the draft post, you'll be able to publish it, so everyone can see it - not just the admin :-)

Cheers,

Andy

Yes, but you must remember that some of us oldies are not as sharp as we once were. If we ever were as sharp as we thought. :-)

However, note the straightforward 'Submit reply'  button on this site.

Incidentally, love your use of  'verbiage' 

Aaah Alex - if only all systems were the same! Then there'd be no training issues - but no progress either! I'm not saying there's anything amiss with this site - it works very well,and clearly the user base is coping with it fine. It works the same as many others, using standard software. As we had to write the Forum software speciifically for our site, to integrate the registration and login process, it gave us the opportunity to try slightly different ways of working. Some will work well - and some won't. I await the considered opinion of the CCI Forumites in due course. Meantime we're always open to constructive criticism ...

Andy

Andy, Not nit picking, and I hope I'm being constructive, but I thought the use of 'create' rather misleading when one had already 'created' a post. What's wrong with a straightforward 'Post.'

Edited by alex revell
spelling typo