Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

BROADWAY death in WW1

Bob Broadway

Hello All, As a new person to this forum I would like to introduce myself to you and ask for any help/assistance/knowledge of other members on the following: For the past 35 odd years I have been researching my BROADWAY family history, that task is just about finished now and the results have been written up and distributed to the various members of our family around the world. However that is not what my request is directly about - during the course of my research I discovered that three distant uncles all died in the Great War and thought as a matter of interest I would find out how many more suffered the same fate. The answer was a total of twenty one (21) - there were 17 British, 2 Australian, 1 Canadian and 1 Indian. I then set myself a challenge to research all their backgrounds and ancestry etc and to put together a complete project by the end of 2018/19 to commemorate the centenary of the Great War. Things are going pretty well but thought that if any members on The Great War Forum site had any additional information/knowledge etc or might be related to any of them then I would be very interested to hear from them and perhaps open up a dialogue as well. Thank you for reading this and look forward to maybe hearing from you soon. With regards, Bob Broadway

Welcome Bob.

Their full names and where from would be a good start.

45 minutes ago, johnboy said:

Their full names and where from would be a good start.

Together with what you already know about them - to save members from tryign to find information that you already have.

A warm welcome, of course.

• spof changed the title to BROADWAY death in WW1

Thanks for the welcome and comments guys - however all the info required is on the CWGC site and people only need to type in Broadway and First World War. If they have a connection/interest then they can communicate with me directly

To save everyone the trouble of checking CWGC, the Commission's website lists the following palces with Broadway family connections - Oxford, London, Stokenchurch, Reading, Birmingham, India, Wallingford, Hungerford.

SDGW adds the following - South Stoke, Dudley, Great Missenden, Bermondsey, Camberwell, Brighton, redruth, Plymouth, Coventry, Chiddingfold, Barnsley and East Meon.

Of course, we don't know where Bob's research is up to and what he already has gleaned from sources related to those places.