Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Glasnevin Cemetery, trick question

museumtom

If you go to the CWGC and download the readout for Glasnevin Cemetery for WW1 period you will get 176 names. The question is- How many

graves are there for these men in this cemetery?

• 3 years later...

Does the new CWGC website allow the user to differentiate between graves versus those commemorated on memorials?

Dunno Tom,

But it's up to 188 Great War names now.

188 on the CWGC search, although 3 are in the C o I  Churchyard.

But the CWGC blurb says  "There are 174 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-1918 war".

Am I close?

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr

Good question Dai. I am working with IFCP and that number has increased within the past year or so due to names accepted by IFCP. I am also working on those who died after discharge that do not qualify and this will add another 100 or so. The cut off date will be the same as the CWGC 06/08/1914 to 31/08/1921 though. The ones accepted by IFCP from me have not yet been added to the CWGC. It can take years for them to be added. having said all that with those not accepted by IFCP and those accepted by IFCP it stands at 252 at the moment but will rise by many more withing the next two months. Deans Grange is another that have lots of new ones to be added.

On 29/07/2016 at 17:02, museumtom said:

If you go to the CWGC and download the readout for Glasnevin Cemetery for WW1 period you will get 176 names. The question is- How many

graves are there for these men in this cemetery?

several are women....

Y'know I posted that question four years ago, and I am sure I had the answer then, but fecked if I know it now. You are probably right Doyle3

When you download the results and remove the WW2 ones the number for WW1 is 186