Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Museum of Military Medicine

BloodMedic

I have heard through other sites and forums that the Army Medical Services Museum at Keogh Barracks Aldershot may be moving, The talk is that it will move to Cardiff Wales in the Bute Area, There is also mention that the MOD funding is coming to an end and because Keogh is now operational the Museum is in a Security area making visiting more difficult.

Apparently the name "The Museum of Military Medicine" would encompass the role of the RN,RM and RAF Medical functions.

RN too? Interesting. Historic Collections of the Institute of Naval Medicine will be in Gosport for the foreseeable* future, unless anyone hasn't told me something I should know.

*without specs

(I was, as it happens, told yesterday where the AMS will be moving to, but am not sure whether I'm supposed to know, so had better not risk broadcasting something which may yet alter).

It is common knowledge that it will move to Cardiff some time in the future but the name change may not be common knowledge. Making the museum tri-service would make it a great attraction but I can not see that happening unless the other two services would put in a lot of money towards the project.

Thank you, Pete.