Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Check this for a disaster

Desmond7

Most of the dioramas seem to be based on famous paintings - Lady Butler etc

I have seen lots of paintings/murals of the UVF but this does not look like any of them. This is much, much earlier in the war obviously stiff caps etc

Yes - I do think you are being a little harsh - but I am amazed with so much material to copy from he did n't. Do you think he misunderstood a painting of an Ulster regiment from earlier in the war?

Tin - I could forgive him - in fact I would praise him - if he avoided the traditional iconic style!

Even if he was going for a 14/15 style picture, the caps looks more like train conductors' hats!

And, this seems to be a commercial site - if YOU were seeking a model to demonstrate 1st July, what would you pay for this? Value for money?

Accuracy zero points; artistic excellence zero points; what a load of tripe.

Opinions - am I being too harsh?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...peg&no=36&tt=55

I take it youre not impressed..............................However You Do Realise it is carved from a Single Grain of Rice????? :lol:

No!

No you are not being too harsh. Compared to some of the modellersa on this forum the attempt looks very amateurish.

I think the hats look very similar to those worn by the old British Rail staff.

Andy

Also have a look at this one (same site) Good Old Argylls

Bottom right of the picture is what looks like an M1916 German helmet, but the scene is depicting an action on the 10th May 1915. I didn't think that the Germans had this shape helmet in 1915, or am I wrong?

Then they are failing - in the case I pointed out at least- to live up to any definition of quality goods. Sorry, but I have to say in this case it's a matter of 'buyer beware'. If someone bought me this for a present, I would have to put on a fixed grin and say 'oh, it's lovely' but it plainly does not do what it 'says on the tin'.

Des

Well that's your Christmas surprise ruined, Des - I got in touch with all your friends and family and together they're buying you the whole set! :D

Ricardo

(As to the products themselves, "Bag Interior" by The Colour Blind Mice Workshop of Vienna springs to mind.)

I didn't realise at first these were Commercial sites.:wacko:

The old airfix plastic soldiers look like art by comparison.

It takes all sorts

Mark - nice one .... and the model site you've pasted up looks 1000% better to me!

But for WW1 models ... Roger is still my main man ... although the last modelling thread containing the awesome destruction of the Tiger contains many truly great efforts by the forum types.

Des