Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sgt John Wainwright MM

Raster Scanning

Just finished struggling through the above Gallipoli Diary, written in a small boy scouts pocket diary. The writing is very faded but I have saved all the text. If anyone is interested in a copy I can e-mail it as a word document.

John Wainwright was attached to the ANZAC HQ as an RE Signaller.

post-1-1053005326.jpg

Me too.

Regards

Simon

John,

Martin and I would like a copy too, please.

Best wishes

Kate

John

If you like I could add it as a webpage in 'Ordinary heroes' and save you the trouble of emailing!

Chris.

This seems to be the best idea. I will double check that everything is order and email it to you tonight. To everyone else If you send me your email addresses I will pass a copy on to you.

Paul, the diary was given to me by the man himself, along with his medals and some papers/pictures (He was my Gt Uncle) . There is a picture of him taken at Gallipoli elswhere on this forum.

John

I have sent a copy to all who have passed me their addresses. Also one to Chris. I have spent quite a time researching the diary but welcome any additional info. The author is on the LH Camel.

John

post-1-1053096125.jpg

Chris has done a great job in posting the diary on the main site.

Many thanks for that Chris. John's youngest sister who is still alive will be very interested.

One small point. Contary to the post I made elsewhere, he was my Gt Uncle not my Grandfather, sorry about that, it's my age getting to me.

John.

Wow, you're on the ball! I haven't even 'publicised' it yet, although it has been in the Ordinary Heroes section since this morning.