Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RFC / RAF Orders of Battle 1918

petet

I am just doing some further research for my History of No. 35 Squadron project and wondered if I have got all the Orders of Battle for 1918.

I have one dated February 1918 and one dated May 1918. Were there any others issued? If so, would anyone be able to provide me with a copy of the RFC / RAF section?

Regards

Pete

There is an Order of Battle for 21 March 1918 in volume 4 of "War In The Air"; this gives No 35 Squadron as being in Fifteenth (Corps) Wing, supporting XIX Corps. It is shown as being based at Estrées-en-Chaussée under the command of Major A V Holt, equipped with Armstrong Whitworths and two Bristol Fighters.

Graeme

I've got weekly reports for March 1918, also 10th Jan and 17th June if they are of use.

pm me with an email address if you want copies as they will exceed the capacity here

The RFC/RAF supplied weekly OOB's to the French

Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated as always.

(Nieuport11) - Thanks for the offer; PM sent

So far, for 1918, I have the following:

• 01/1918 – 12th Wing, 3rd Brigade RFC, attached to III army
  • 02/1918 – 15th Wing, 5th Brigade RFC, attached to V army
  • 05/1918 – 15th Wing, 5th Brigade RAF, attached to IV army
  • 11/1918 – 12th Wing, 3rd Brigade RAF ?

I am not sure where I got the information for the final entry from (possibly your good selves) but if anyone can confirm the accuracy of the information it would be very helpful.

Regards

Pete

For the Battle of Amiens, No 35 Squadron was part of 5th Brigade, 15th (Corps) Wing based at Villers Bocage, equipped with the AW FK8

As at the Armistice, No 35 Squadron was still part of 5th Brigade, 15th (Corps) Wing, now based at Flaumont under the command of Major F D Stevenson DSO MC, still equipped with AWs.

Graeme