Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1st Rifle Brigade Colchester

Game pat

Wow, thanks I am amazed you found this out, so for 3 years where was he? I believe they did a stint in Ireland? well quite excited at finding this out, do you know where in Leamington enlistment took place? Thanks Craig Regards Pat

Unfortunately it doesn't say where in Leamington he enlisted but I'd imagine that, pre war, there was only one recruitment office so local papers may mention it.

The 1st Rifle Brigade seem to have been in Dublin in 1911 - not sure how long they stayed but they were at Colchester in 1914. He may not have been with the 1st Bn for all of his service but the he could have been with one of the other battalions (not sure where they were at during this time).

Craig

Hi, what is a 1/RB?

1/RB is shorthand for 1st Battalion, The Rifle Brigade.

I was just confirming we had the correct battalion.

Edit: I see Craig's already replied! I was working of the notification that my post had been quoted :thumbsup:

See you are interested in the KRRC, Alberts brother was in this:

Regiment King's Royal Rifle Corps

Thiepval Pier and Face 13 A and 13 B.

DONALD, WILLIAM ALEXANDER Rifleman

A/3083 A Coy

KIA 15/09/1916 Delville Wood

King's Royal Rifle Corps

Thiepval Memorial Pier and Face 13 A and 13 B.

Grave Memorial Reference Pier & Face 13 A and 13 B. THIEPVAL

I do have the War Diaries, but expect you already have them, if not let me know.

Pat - click on this link Rifleman William Donald - 7th Btn KRRC 1914 - 1916 and you will get to your 2014 topic where I already helped you with William Donald, 7/KRRC :hypocrite:

Many thanks for the kind offer of the 7/KRRC war diaries. I have them up to the end of 1917. If you have the 1918 pages, I would be very grateful to get copies. Send me a Personal Message via the Forum.

Mark

1st RB were in Dublin in 1911, as Craig stated, leaving for Colchester on 3/10/11.

Andy

1st battalion, Rifle Brigade.

Craig

Thanks Craig, Military is not my forte, one question if you can help where would Albert have been 1911 to 1914, how do I find where 1st Battalion Rifle Brigade were, Thanks Pat

Thanks Craig, Military is not my forte, one question if you can help where would Albert have been 1911 to 1914, how do I find where 1st Battalion Rifle Brigade were, Thanks Pat

Post 30 will give you that.

Craig

1st RB were in Dublin in 1911, as Craig stated, leaving for Colchester on 3/10/11.

Andy

Thank you I have had so much help from everyone, I now have Alberts service no. when and where he enlisted and where he would have served, thanks Regards Pat

Pat - click on this link Rifleman William Donald - 7th Btn KRRC 1914 - 1916 and you will get to your 2014 topic where I already helped you with William Donald, 7/KRRC :hypocrite:

Many thanks for the kind offer of the 7/KRRC war diaries. I have them up to the end of 1917. If you have the 1918 pages, I would be very grateful to get copies. Send me a Personal Message via the Forum.

Mark

Hi MARK DO i SEND COPIES HERE or email?

Mark

Mark

Hi MARK DO i SEND COPIES HERE or email?

No problem! I will send you a PM instead. You should get a notification here on the Forum and the rest should then be reasonably logical!

Mark