Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Italian official history online

James A Pratt III

Here is a link to the web page but that's a far as I can take it since my Italian is non-existent.

Keith

Edited

Oops doesn't seem to work. Try this and click on store.

Sigh! Might be best just to type http://www.esercito.difesa.it into a browser and then click on storia.

Apologies.

Wow! some fast replies. I stumbled upon the site on the forumaxishistory.com First World war section on a posting for Italian Order of battle for World war I. I barely looked through it before I posted it here it is one really slow site to look through.

Excellent!

I can only see the first three volumes digitised. See here. That gets us to end 1916.

Am I missing something, or are they part way through the digitisation?

Mark

You may be right, this is a challenge for my very limited Italian reading skills. I have found the search button and have 5 dense results to go through.

Having just arrived back from our 24 hour flight, I notice you are either burning the midnight oil, or up extremely early!

Cheers

Shirley

Up early - had to take partner to airport for a 05:00hrs flight :blink:

Have a good day researching! Just slept 13 hours, all good!

I am quite excited by these records as I had 5 Italian brothers ( great uncles from memory) who enlisted from Alexandria and all returned safely). These are the last relatives who served in the Great War to research, as far as I know that is.

Cheers