Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fuel shortages in France

nigelcave

It would appear that it is time for a reunion of the GB75 Force judging by the tenor of the casual asides about industrial action on this thread.

I have always found French people to be extremely helpful and pleasant especially if you try and make an effort at speaking in French. If only we were as accommodating when they visit our country.

Reminds me of a time about 20 years ago when my wife and I were on a bus in Guildford. The bus pulled into a stop and a young man got on. He said to the driver: "Do you speak French?". "No mate" was the reply. Says it all really.....

Apart for #99 and 100 we haven't had a "fuel shortage posting" since #67. Shouldn't this go to Skindles?

Well there are more strikes and threats set for the next few weeks. I am off to Le Mans soon, we are watching the news, since its more coordinated actions during Euro 2016.

An English friend of mine used to own and run a Chambre d'hotes in the South of France, and the major problem for French Tourism with respect to mainland Europeans is that France is a country people travel through and only on average stay one or two days, on their way to Spain, Italy, Portugal etc.