Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

David Jones concert and conference, York, July

seaJane

http://www.opus-a.co.uk/- scroll down the page.

Friday 22nd July 6 pm

Concert: DAVID JONES : 1916 MAMETZ WOOD

David Jones: dialogues with the past Conference York University

St Wilfrids Church, York YO1 7EN

www.davidjonesdialogues.com

1916 - The Battle of Mametz Wood. The story read from David Jones poem In Parenthesis of 1937. Schubert, Palestrina, Josquin and two new works: Cheryl Frances-Hoad In the crypt of the wood, composed with inspiration from David Jones drawing Vexilla Regis. Owain Park 'Sequence:In Parenthesis' brings together snatches of tunes referred to by David Jones in the poem, including Welsh and English songs and hymns, music hall and soldiers trench songs.

I'd go, but unfortunately I've already booked myself in to something else that weekend.

sJ

sJ

Your recent posting of. Michael Sheen reading from Jones' work prompted me to reread In Parenthesis over the last Bank Holiday. And now you tempt me further! Looks really good

David

It does - I so wish I could be in two places at once! This event I picked up from Opus Anglicanum's website after they gave an *excellent* concert in Wells yesterday evening - whatever the conference is like, the singing will be good.

Thanks, SJ, A little outside my stamping ground but I will let the War Poets Association and other interested parties know.

The David Jones Dialogues conference that weekend in York looks very interesting indeed.

Regards