Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Queen's Royal Regiment(West Kent)

dorrie

Medal Roll Index shows a Frank Tapp in the Queen's Royal Regiment. The part of the regiment were involved at Gallipoli. I know this is a stab in the dark but has anybody information re the Battalions involved at Galipoli and also anything about Private Frank Tapp

Thankjs

Dorrie

If you click on the link on the top of this page "the long Long trail" and follow the links to grandads war you can determine which battallions served in Gallipoli.

Dave Roberts

The 2/4 West Kent's arrived at Sulvla Bay in August 1915 and remained on the Peninsula until the withdrawal in December/January. However both the East and West Kent Yeomanry also served on Gallipoli from September 1915 and I think these men were later absorbed into the ranks of one or other of the Kent infantry regiments.

East and West Kent Yeomanry also served on Gallipoli from September 1915 and I think these men were later absorbed into the ranks of one or other of the Kent infantry regiments.

That's correct Jon, they formed the 10th Buffs.

Mr Tapp doesn't appear in the Buffs 14/15 star roll (unlike the other West Kents who transferred)

Mick

Edited by Michael