Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Peshawar District Police medal................

Laird of Camster

Ladies/Gents,

Came across this medal. Have a couple of questions that I hope someone will be able to answer for me.

Firstly the naming seems somewhat crude, I assume it's a locally named example as apposed to a fake?

Secondly I assume the Peshawar District police would have been manned by local men and cover the Peshawar area, to that end would they have been entitled to a 1914/15 star?

Laird.

post-93093-0-13479300-1463477707_thumb.p

There are defined criteria for the award of the 1914-1915 Star, as set out in this link from North East Medals

There are specified defined actions in India which would result in eligibility for this medal, but this would not be awarded to a policeman on general duties in the Peshawar area.

http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/britishguide/ww1_1914_15_star_award.htm

Cheers

Maureen

There are defined criteria for the award of the 1914-1915 Star, as set out in this link from North East Medals

There are specified defined actions in India which would result in eligibility for this medal, but this would not be awarded to a policeman on general duties in the Peshawar area.

http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/britishguide/ww1_1914_15_star_award.htm

Cheers

Maureen

Many thanks Maureen, that's exactly what I thought, curious one this. Also I can't find anything about PDP during WW1, which might assist or suggest that they were sent somewhere else which might have qualified them for a 1914/15 star............. I believe that this medal is certainly locally engraved?