Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench map reference

Mat McLachlan

Hi all,

Can someone please post a trench map showing this location: 28.N.E.K.18.d.75.55 (the last two numbers are hard to read. Could be 73.33 or 73.55).

Thanks.

Mat

Hi all,

Can someone please post a trench map showing this location: 28.N.E.K.18.d.75.55 (the last two numbers are hard to read. Could be 73.33 or 73.55).

Thanks.

Mat

Here you go Mat.

Trenchmap "28 NE" (1:20,000 scale), square "K 18". Just south of Dadizeele (I've included parts of the surrounding squares to help you get your bearings).

Dave.

post-4-1101777485.jpg

...forgot to mention. The date of this particular map is 5th December 1917, and your map reference is just under the "Grosvenor Crossroads" on this extract. (near the letter "C" of "Cross roads" to be precise!)

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I came across a diagram drawn by the British of a concrete German machine-gun emplacement and noted that this map reference was written on it. Just wanted to see exactly where it was (and maybe if it was still there - unlikely, I know!).

Thanks for your help.

Mat

Mat, was the drawing you refer to Type Machine Gun Pill box, part of Study of Defence in Depth? Presuming it is, the regerence is K18d 75.35. This puts it in the lower of the 2 houses at this location on Dave's map. Attached is map of the blokes who put it there You will find it in lower rh corner. Sorry it's a small map, first rpely was rejected as too big. Hope this helps, Peter.