Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

William Thomas Cobb - anyone find him in 1939 register?

Coldstreamer

Hello

after 30 minutes Im defeated - anyone find him ? What I really want is occupation - he served though ww1 in the Coldstream Gds totalling 30 years in the regimental band

Born 23rd May 1888 - married to Grace Edith (nee Irving - DOB 1893 or 95)

Previous address all in London area

cheers

Died 1971 Family tree on Ancestry has a photo of him and three brothers all serving. Ralph.

Thanks, it looks like a good picture but I dont have ancestry account - could you find him in the 1939 register ?

I can't find him. If he had gone back into the services, he won't show on the 1939 register. I know he would have been getting on in age by this time. I can find my grandmother on the register, but my grandad born 1896 is not at home, as he has joined back up in 1939.

Mandy

Thanks for looking

In the 1938 London Electoral Roll a William Thomas Cobb was living at 142, Mallinson Road, Wandsworth. Grace Edith Cobb was not present, she was last listed with W.T.C. at another address in the 1933 Electoral Roll. There is no other record of W.T.C.. living with G.E.C. after 1933.

In the 1939 Register a William F. Cobb is registered at 142, Mallinson Road, Wandsworth. Present in the household, apparently lodgers, are two persons who were also recorded at the address in the 1938 Electoral Roll.

William F. Cobb's date of birth was given as 23 May 1888 and his occupation as "Government Servant".

I believe this is William Thomas Cobb recorded incorrectly as William F. Cobb.

Cannot upload images of the said records due to forum rules.

Thanks for taking the time to cross reference to find him