Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Digitalised diary of 20th Middlesex regiment?

rpuxty

Some time ago I was tring to research private Harold Bagshaw reg no 18431 20th Middlesx regiment.

He died on 5/5/1917 although the gravestone records 7/5/1917.

At the time I was looking the war diaries didn't appear to be available.

I don't have any opportunity to visit the archives so wondered if anybody might be able to either shed any light on the days in question for me, or if anyone can confirm if the digitalised version is available and where I might download it?

I used to have quite a bit of info and bookmarks for location information but lost it all with a hard drive crash.

I'll be commemorating Harry this week on the 99th anniversary of his death.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

A search of The National Archives site? If digitised it can be downloaded for about £3.50

It is available as download, WO/95/2615/4. Also available on ancestry, free in libraries.

TEW

Thanks chaps, downloaded now. All set for an afternoons reading.

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

@rpuxty Interested to stumble across your question. I've joined in the hope of making contact, but cannot send a pvt message - hence the public appeal. But I believe our relatives may have fought and died together and wanted to share with you what my family knows and perhaps v.v.? PM me if you receive this. Thanks. 

• Admin
35 minutes ago, SgtGillingham said:

@rpuxty Interested to stumble across your question. I've joined in the hope of making contact, but cannot send a pvt message - hence the public appeal. But I believe our relatives may have fought and died together and wanted to share with you what my family knows and perhaps v.v.? PM me if you receive this. Thanks. 

Hi and welcome to the forum

rpuxty hasn't been on the forum since April last year BUT if you reply to this you will have made enough posts to send a PM which should alert him by email.

Regards

David

Thanks for your input David, Steve has indeed managed to contact me. I wait with bated breath to hear more from him.

Rob

Edited by rpuxty