Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help to identify

stanleyrbl

The above photograph recently came into my possession i am clueless as to who it may be, can anyone read the writing across the bottom and state what language it is?? which may at leas identify his nationality. I have enlarged the badge but the state of the photograpgh doesn't lend to a good image. Also i cannot get any better image of the buttons. All suggestions gratefully received. It may turn out be ww2 in which case i apologise in advance.

Many thanks Khaki certainly a chance

Hi there isn't a RWK scroll beneath it looks more like Kent cyclists with just the word Invicta beneath the horse

Regards

Looks like Second World War to me, in which case Kent Cyclists ruled out, I imagine.

Sepoy thats fantastic a very aged gent said he thought he was a Dutchman who drowned on a ship in 1947, so apologies to all it is WW2 many thanks to all for your great efforts obviously you are multi taskers, hopefully someone will resolve the writing before too long

The handwriting is Portuguese: "um forte abracao de xxxxxxx" (essentially "a big hug from xxxxxxx"). The last word is a name, but unfortunately I can't make it out.