Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

'D company" 10th Battalion Royal Dublin Fusiliers

Guest No Easy Answers

Guest No Easy Answers

My ancestor, Alma Kingsley Sargent (24917 - Sargent Sargent) joined in November 1915 when the 10th Battalion of the Royal Dublin Fusiliers was being set up in Dublin. He was posted to France in August 1916 and was wounded on13th Nov 1916 during the Battle of the Ancre near Mary Redan. He survived and, after convalescence was transferred to Aldershot where he served as a PE instructor unti the end of the war.

I've been able to access a lot of his papers and he was attached to 'D Company" of the 10th RDF. I wondered if anyone had any specific references to 'D Company' of the 10th RDF, particularly during the 1916 Rising in Dublin?

Also a big thank you to the great website on the 10th RDF http://www.dublin-fusiliers.com/battaliions/10-batt/10th-history.html it's been a great resource for this battalion

Hi

Welcome to the forum. My web site :blush:

You have cut and pasted the link wrongly it is - click for 10th Bat RDF

I have a page on the 10th RDF in the Easter Rising.- click - my grandfather was in B Coy so I have mainly what they did. I am happy to add anything anyone can add. You would probably have to try to find references to the Coy commander of D Coy and try to follow his movements

Hi Corisande

I too have an interest in 10th RDF (thro' 28761 Christy McGuirk) and found your website a brilliant source of information. Thank you very much for the you did in transcribing war diaries etc.

"Work you did"...