Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lewis Gun Magazine Needed

TimCornish

Hi all,

An aviation collection I volunteer for has just been donated a 1915 Lewis Camera Gun, minus the magazine. Whilst it is good on it's own, one of our engineers that do restoration work on the exhibits has offered to make up a magazine from scratch if someone can supply one they can use to make drawings or a copy from.

Would anyone have a Lewis Gun magazine available we could borrow for a short time as to make drawings/a copy from for the gun that will eventually go on display? It'd be of great use and it'd be hugely appreciated.

Thank you. We are located near Salisbury if that helps.

Tim

Tim,

There is a website www.replicaplans that contains reprints of several Lewis gun handbooks/manuals which can be downloaded. Includes detailed photos of magazines, would this be any any help?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Just checked out replica plans and it seems you have to pay for them. Whilst we are a Collection and also a charity I will have to talk to those above me to ask about buying plans, not the most ideal solution, but we would prefer to use a donated or loaned magazine for which we can make measurements from.

Tim