Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gallipoli Association Forum

aim

Might be a problem with the site - I cannot log in.

Nor can I.

Moggs: It seems that your ID is now your email account and your password is now your old ID.

But the forum login itself is the same as before.

Both: If that doesn't work then perhaps email the webmaster account (which is what I did)

Thanks for the reply but I think I may have mislead you. I am not currently a member and I meant to say I could not access the site at all. I tried on numerous occasions and all that came up was this site address was wrong. I'll check again another time.

Jonathan

I've been a member for over 15 years and have never been able to log on. Requests for new passwords are not answered.

I wait for my activation for several weeks...

Your Forum Membership is not yet activated!
Your Forum Membership needs to be activated by the Forum Admin!

Aside from the apparent difficulties getting registered and logged on, is this

forum worthwhile? Do they have a valuable publication?

How can someone have been a member for over 15 years and have never been able

to log on?

It's one of those things. It's quiet because people can't log on. People don't persevere to log on because it's quiet.

Aside from the apparent difficulties getting registered and logged on, is this

forum worthwhile? Do they have a valuable publication?

How can someone have been a member for over 15 years and have never been able

to log on?

It has a magazine 'The Gallipolian'which comes out twice a year. This contains a mix of current news items and some good articles.

As for how it is possible to be a member for 15+ years and never been able to log on - I simply don't know. I am sitting here looking at my notebook which has my GA passwords. None of them work.

I have just logged on to the Gallipoli Association Forum, initially it wouldnt let me in as the "agree to the Forum rules" button was not checked. Having done this I got into the Forum.

When I replied to a couple of topics I had to click on an emoticon before being able to reply.

Moriaty

Me, I seem to be logged in (my name appears above), but when I try to read something, I see red:

Your Forum Membership is not yet activated!
Your Forum Membership needs to be activated by the Forum Admin!

I've put a posting on the forum directing Mal, the administrator, to this thread, I hope he is well.

• 3 weeks later...

The Gallipoli Association website has a logon that allows members to access 40+ years of its journal, 'The Gallipolian' which is published three times a year.

The Forum is separate and is open to anyone to access (read only). To contribute you need to register, but you do not need to be a member.

If anyone is having an access problem to either please email webmaster@gallipoli-association.org and it will be resolved quickly.

The Association is manned by volunteers so sometimes there is a wait, but typically responses are dealt with quickly (within the week, if not the same day).

If you have waited 15 years for a response I suggest you contact the Association again.

regards, Steve

If you have waited 15 years for a response I suggest you contact the Association again.

regards, Steve

Steve,

Life is too short.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Norrette and Krithia I am now on the Gallipoli Association Forum.

I posted three messages on the 22nd. of May but have had no replies as yet. Actually, from the information at the bottom of the opening page, there has only been one message posted since that date. I shall have to post my questions on this Forum.

Thanks again for your help,

aim

I´m in too! Thanx a lot to the Modis!

• 3 years later...
On 18/04/2016 at 22:41, moggs said:

Thanks for the reply but I think I may have mislead you. I am not currently a member and I meant to say I could not access the site at all. I tried on numerous occasions and all that came up was this site address was wrong. I'll check again another time.

Jonathan

Has the Gallipoli Association Forum stopped?

Last time I could find it I think it hadn't had any new messages for a year!

aim

Sorry but I didn't get back to the site at all. Life gets in the way sometimes.  So, I can't answer for the present situation.

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...

The GALLIPOLI ASSOCIATION is still going.

The Gallipoli Association FORUM has stopped - the people who used it post their questions/comments on this forum.

aim

The Gallipoli Association's forum may no longer be operative but, as our GWF Pal 'aim' has pointed out, the Gallipoli Association itself is still going;

indeed, I would say is still going strong!

I've been a member for over 25 years now and I do not recall a committee with such an active and energetic enthusiasm as those who are currently serving seem to have. Their dedication to the promotion of the educational aspect of the charity is really inspiring.

Let me share with you are a few short excerpts from a letter written by a teacher giving feedback in July 2019, following a Gallipoli Association sponsored school trip to the peninsula as part of the association's education programme

“…. In 25 years of teaching it was both the most enlightening and deeply joyful experience I have ever had, and this is in no small measure down to the precise, responsive, adaptable, humane and professional management of our group by Stephen and Rory.*

The group consisted of fifteen Year 9 students from a very challenging school on the south coast in Gosport, an area of deep social deprivation and habitual low aspiration. Several of the students had not travelled out of the country before or indeed entered an airport or flown on a plane. We had service children and over half on Pupil Premium. The impact on the students - all of them - has been profound. …..

Thanks are deeply owed to Ian Binnie and the Gallipoli Association for their belief and trust that Brune Park School could deliver on such generous investment. …......

Ian was there for the long haul and was a great support in the months leading to the trip. He has a great way with the students, borne of his stature as an educator and school leader. ....

The students were deeply respectful and empathetic in the cemeteries - several found their namesakes and this also had a profound effect on them. The compelling and moving accounts from the guides regarding how working class parents had no means to visit their sons’ graves sent some really big emotional waves through the kids. As we had some services children on the trip, there were tears and there were connections felt way beyond the geography and distance of time or place. Here was history in name, in age (the students were keenly aware of the proximity of their age group to some of the lads who fought) and history that hummed around them, keenly felt and living through the stories spun by the guides and in the dried earth, still graves, neat flowerbeds and spectacular views.….”

* the association's historian and the Battle Honours Ltd tour guide

The Gallipoli Association's education page can be found here - https://www.gallipoli-association.org/education/