Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

buritonian

1/4th Hampshire after Kut

jsm100

Hi SeaJane,

Apologies for the delay in replying.  If your friend in Cheddar knows anything that would be great - I don't really know Somerset.  I think there will still be some living relatives around, including Joseph's daughter in law who submitted the article to Somerset Remembers.

James

seaJane

I'll ask :)

History Hunter
On 12/04/2016 at 18:43, charlie962 said:

Forgive me jumping in on this thread but I have a 1914-15 Star to 5-1973 LCpl C Lowman, with date of entry (5a) 18.3.15 and the BWM/VM roll says 1/5 Hants attached 1/4th. His disembark date agrees with 1/4th original landing in Mespot.

He is also on the SWB roll enlisted 10.8.14 and discharged sick 22.3.19 aged 44.

Might he have been at the siege of Kut ? How would I find out please? Any thoughts ?

thanks

Charlie

Hi Charlie, I've just been looking into my Great Great Uncle Charles Lowman again and re-read this thread. if you still have the medal would it be possible to post a photo of it please?  I met one of the archivists at the Hants Regiment Museum, I will try to visit soon.Thanks, Helen

charlie962

Hello again Holly,

I will see what I can do;for me it has been the trigger to a lot of fascinating research!

Charlie

History Hunter

Thank you. 

History Hunter

Hi Charlie, 

I hope you are well? 

If you have time on your hands would you be able to photograph my Great Uncle Charles Lowmans medal for me please? It would mean so much. 

Best wishes 

Helen