Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THE NATIONAL ROLL OF HONOUR OF THE GREAT WAR

Woody

Dont think so!,When this publication was produced it was envisaged an Edition would be produced for each Major Area of the UK,Each compiled by Subscription & entries supplied by the Veterans & their N~o~K,However after the initial few Editions were Produced the Publishers went Bankrupt & the production ceased,I have a list of the Published Editions will post it if I can find it,if no one else gets there first!

This link National Roll of the Great War, complete set

will take you to a list of the full set of 14 volumes that was produced before the company folded.

I wonder what happened to all the forms that were returned to the editors? Were they sent to an archive?

This link National Roll of the Great War, complete set

will take you to a list of the full set of 14 volumes that was produced before the company folded.

I wonder what happened to all the forms that were returned to the editors? Were they sent to an archive?

I dont know if recent research has uncovered anything,but when the MHS/OMRS published research was done,there was no trace of the Company,its Location or its Editors,There is presumably sitting in a Filing Cabinet somewhere a Mouldering dossier of Subscriptions{Sans the 5/- Postal Orders} detailing Service Data from Subscribers,What a Find!